A WORD FROM THE INTERIOR DESIGNER, CHANTAL PEYRAT
“In the heart of Noirmoutier-en-l’île, the authentic charm of an 18th century edifice meets an eminent leader: the Général D’Elbée, known as the Général of Providence, a key figure in history of the Vendée.
My challenge was transcending this history and delivering a touch of whimsy that would bring it all together.
PLAYING WITH HISTORY
- A lobby that puts the generals front and centre
- Playing with the military theme through the colour scheme and the décor: khaki, gold and bronze stand side-by-side with braid and bobbles on the carpets and the textiles.
PLAYING WITH CONTRASTS
- The public rooms are well-coordinated and well-balanced: the powerful, somewhat masculine La Rochejaquelein room contrasts with the more feminine “small parlour” decorated in soft blue tones.
- The unbelievably charming small interior courtyard is the perfect setting for the Nuxe wellness spa; it invites you to relax under the large lamps that seem to hang from the heavens.
- Blue stripes and red pompoms will help guide you on your way.
EACH OF OUR 26 ROOMS HAS ITS OWN STORY TO TELL
- A tale of brave cavalrymen with an equestrian theme of saddlery and leather…
- A seafaring adventure with varying shades of blue and marine-inspired stripes…
- A magnificent staircase, listed on the historic monument registry, is lit by golden-tinged lights whose cords are mixed in with the rigging of a sailboat; it leads up to the larger-than-life figures of Vendée history: Charette and d’Elbée.
All the rooms and suites have a view of the château and a lovely little kitchen garden framing an inviting swimming pool, or of the old canal port of Noirmoutier-en-l’île that leads to the romantic Jacobsen jetty.
Both inside and out, the hotel exudes: “Elegant simplicity brimming with authenticity”